Here are 10 Facts About Bryan, see if you can pick out the 2 that are false:
1. Bryan has a big nose.
2. Bryan once performed a 35-minute comedy show without getting murdered.
3. Bryan was on TIME Magazine’s list of The 15 Best Tweets of the 2012 Election.
4. Bryan has a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering but quit the industry to focus on writing in 2012.
5. Bryan has written a non-fiction book that’s sold over 6,000 copies.
6. Bryan lives in Intercourse, PA.
7. Bryan used to be in MENSA, but was too smart to pay the yearly dues.
8. Bryan is a single-digit handicap golfer.
9. Bryan finished his first middle grade novel in the spring of 2019.
10. Bryan is a mammal.
IT’S A TRICK, they’re all true! You totally saw that coming, didn’t you?
SO YOU LOVE GOLF?
Love it! If you do too, you should check out the golf podcast I host with my buddy Tyler Stanton: The Hosel Jockeys Golf Podcast.
DO YOU WRITE PROFESSIONALLY?
Yes I do. I’ve written a few non-fiction books on blogging and online community-building. I’ve been hired to ghost-write a few books, I do freelance social media and blogging work for authors/artists/YouTubers/companies, and I occasionally get hired by comedians to help write jokes.
WHAT ABOUT FICTION?
Back in 2018 I started my first middle grade novel and I loved writing it. I finished it in the spring of 2019, and am currently working on my second book. I’m currently in the process of finding an agent to represent me, so stay tuned.
WHAT’S THIS ABOUT A COMEDY SHOW?
I’ve done stand-up a few times, including a 35-minute show at a local coffee shop in March 2014. Here’s more info and some clips.
WHAT ABOUT EVENT HOSTING?
Not my main gig either, but I love doing it. If you’re interested fill out a booking request and see if I might be a good fit for your next event.
DO YOU WORK WITH AUTHORS?
Yup. I work with non-fiction authors and other content creators to help them get their message out more effectively, whether it’s a new book, a video series, or whatever else they may be launching. Past (and current) clients include NYT bestselling author Jon Acuff, YouTube stars BreeLoves Beauty and Tripp & Tyler, and tech startups like CrowdScribed.
YOU’VE BEEN BLOGGING HERE SINCE 2002? ABOUT WHAT?
I’ve rambled about just about everything over the years. Back in 2009/2010 I was writing a lot of original humor pieces here. These days it’s back to being a little bit of everything.
Here are three of the favorite humor pieces I wrote as voted by my readers:
- Noah’s Ark starring the cast of The Office
- 21 Starbucks Flavors that Failed
- Watching The Bachelor with Moses
EVER WRITE SKETCHES?
I wrote a series of animated sketches a couple years ago that people really seemed to enjoy. It was “The Truth About” Video Series, and all the voices were done by a text-to-speech renderer.
I personally think it’s some of the funniest stuff I’ve ever done. Start with The Truth About Meetings or The Truth About Oil Changes as those might be my favorites.
EVER HAD A PIECE IN A MAGAZINE?
I’ve been published in print in RELEVANT Magazine and (the late) COLLIDE Magazine.
Parts of those articles are online here:
- The Guaranteed Guarantees of 2011 – RELEVANT Magazine
- Be Careful Little Blog What You Flame – COLLIDE Magazine
I was also featured on Jon Acuff’s Stuff Christians Like blog eight times…here are a few of those.
- SCL #451 – 7 Sports Myths Christians Like – (December 2008)
- SCL #514 – Christian End Zone Touchdown Celebrations – (April 2009)
- SCL #984 – Kissing Metaphors in Worship Music (March 2011)
WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH TIME MAGAZINE?
They said this tweet that I shared during the 2012 Presidential Election was one of the most 15 Memorable tweets out of the 31.7 million that were tweeted! (A distinction I shared with Lady Gaga, Donald Trump, and President Obama himself!)
It’s been retweeted over 3000 times! Pretty crazy.
BREAKING: CNN reporting that Ohio is 75% vowels.
— Bryan Allain (@BryanAllain) November 6, 2012
The article in TIME: The 15 Most Memorable Tweets of Election Night
ARE YOU A HERMIT?
Nope! I’ve got an amazing wife, two incredible kids, and we live in Lancaster County, PA.
Here’s a picture from 2015 to prove I am not making up a fictional family.
IS THAT IT?
Yes. That is it.
Still have questions? Email me: bryanallain(at)gmail.com