Here are 10 Facts About Bryan, see if you can pick out the 2 that are false:
1. Bryan has a big nose.
2. Bryan once performed a 36-minute comedy show without getting murdered.
3. Bryan was on TIME Magazine’s list of The 15 Best Tweets of the 2012 Election.
4. Bryan has a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
5. Bryan has written a book that’s sold over 5000 copies.
6. Bryan lives in Intercourse, PA.
7. Bryan used to be in MENSA.
8. Bryan has shot an 83 on a par-72 course twice.
9. Bryan has been blogging since 2002.
10. Bryan is a mammal.
IT’S A TRICK, they’re all true! You totally saw that coming, didn’t you?
SO YOU’RE A STAND-UP COMIC?
It’s not how I make a living or anything, but I’ve done it a handful of times, including a 35-minute show at a local coffee shop in March 2014. Here’s more info and some clips.
WHAT ABOUT EVENT HOSTING?
I love doing it and I’ve received some great feedback on it, so why not fill out a booking request and have me out as the host for your next event? I’ve hosted church conferences, book launch parties, and a few things in between.
In addition to performing emcee duties, I’ve also been hired to help write monologues and jokes for other conference hosts, including:
+ the Catalyst Conference (12000 people, hosted by Tripp & Tyler)
+ the 2013 Chick-Fil-A LeaderCast (simulcast to 115K people, hosted by Tripp Crosby).
YOU’VE BEEN BLOGGING HERE SINCE 2002? ABOUT WHAT?
I mostly write humor pieces, but over the years I’ve rambled about just about everything.
Here are three of the favorites as voted by my readers:
- Noah’s Ark starring the cast of The Office
- 21 Starbucks Flavors that Failed
- Watching The Bachelor with Moses
EVER WRITE SKETCHES?
I wrote a series of animated sketches a couple years ago that people really seemed to enjoy. It was “The Truth About” Video Series, and all the voices were done by a text-to-speech renderer.
(Also, though they’re not sketches, my Weekly Schnoz Videos were all written by me.)
EVER HAD A PIECE IN A MAGAZINE?
I’ve been published in print in RELEVANT Magazine and (the late) COLLIDE Magazine.
Parts of those articles are online here:
- The Guaranteed Guarantees of 2011 – RELEVANT Magazine
- Be Careful Little Blog What You Flame – COLLIDE Magazine
I’ve also been featured on Jon Acuff’s Stuff Christians Like blog eight times…here are a few of those.
- SCL #451 – 7 Sports Myths Christians Like – (December 2008)
- SCL #514 – Christian End Zone Touchdown Celebrations – (April 2009)
- SCL #639 – Playing Fantasy Football For Money – (October 2009)
- SCL #984 – Kissing Metaphors in Worship Music (March 2011)
WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH TIME MAGAZINE?
They said this tweet that I shared during the 2012 Presidential Election was one of the most 15 Memorable tweets out of the 31.7 million that were tweeted! (A distinction I shared with Lady Gaga, Donald Trump, and President Obama himself!)
It’s been retweeted over 3500 times!
BREAKING: CNN reporting that Ohio is 75% vowels.
— Bryan Allain (@bryanallain) November 6, 2012
The article in TIME: The 15 Most Memorable Tweets of Election Night
DID YOU WRITE AN ARTICLE FOR THE HUFFINGTON POST?
DID YOU WRITE AN ARTICLE FOR THE DAILY BEAST?
It was an interesting experience, but not really my cup of tea: God vs. The Saints (the title wasn’t mine, btw)
DON’T YOU COACH BLOGGERS?
I used to, and occasionally still do, help bloggers, artists, and small businesses extend their reach, find their fans, and build their tribes at KillerTribes.com.
Still have questions? Contact Bryan’s team directly.