Here are 10 Facts About Bryan, see if you can pick out the 2 that are false:
1. Bryan has a big nose.
2. Bryan once performed a 35-minute comedy show without getting murdered.
3. Bryan was on TIME Magazine’s list of The 15 Best Tweets of the 2012 Election.
4. Bryan has a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
5. Bryan has written a book that’s sold over 6000 copies.
6. Bryan lives in Intercourse, PA.
7. Bryan used to be in MENSA.
8. Bryan has shot an 80 on a par-72 golf course.
9. Bryan has been blogging since 2002.
10. Bryan is a mammal.
IT’S A TRICK, they’re all true! You totally saw that coming, didn’t you?
SO YOU’RE A STAND-UP COMIC?
Nope, but I’ve done it a handful of times, including a 35-minute show at a local coffee shop in March 2014. Here’s more info and some clips.
WHAT ABOUT EVENT HOSTING?
Not my main gig either, but I love doing it. If you’re interested fill out a booking request and see if I might be a good fit for your next event.
DO YOU WRITE PROFESSIONALLY?
Yes I do. I’ve written a few books, I’ve been hired to ghost-write a few books, I do freelance social media and blogging work for authors/artists/companies, and I occasionally get hired by comedians to help write jokes.
DO YOU WORK WITH AUTHORS?
Yup. I work with authors and other artists to help them get their message out more effectively, whether it’s a new book, a video series, or whatever else they may be launching. Past (and current) clients include NYT bestselling author Jon Acuff, YouTube stars Tripp and Tyler, and tech startups like CrowdScribed.
YOU’VE BEEN BLOGGING HERE SINCE 2002? ABOUT WHAT?
I’ve rambled about just about everything over the years. Back in 2009/2010 I was writing a lot of original humor pieces here. These days it’s back to being a little bit of everything.
Here are three of the favorite humor pieces I wrote as voted by my readers:
- Noah’s Ark starring the cast of The Office
- 21 Starbucks Flavors that Failed
- Watching The Bachelor with Moses
EVER WRITE SKETCHES?
I wrote a series of animated sketches a couple years ago that people really seemed to enjoy. It was “The Truth About” Video Series, and all the voices were done by a text-to-speech renderer.
EVER HAD A PIECE IN A MAGAZINE?
I’ve been published in print in RELEVANT Magazine and (the late) COLLIDE Magazine.
Parts of those articles are online here:
- The Guaranteed Guarantees of 2011 – RELEVANT Magazine
- Be Careful Little Blog What You Flame – COLLIDE Magazine
I was also featured on Jon Acuff’s Stuff Christians Like blog eight times…here are a few of those.
- SCL #451 – 7 Sports Myths Christians Like – (December 2008)
- SCL #514 – Christian End Zone Touchdown Celebrations – (April 2009)
- SCL #984 – Kissing Metaphors in Worship Music (March 2011)
WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH TIME MAGAZINE?
They said this tweet that I shared during the 2012 Presidential Election was one of the most 15 Memorable tweets out of the 31.7 million that were tweeted! (A distinction I shared with Lady Gaga, Donald Trump, and President Obama himself!)
It’s been retweeted over 3000 times! Pretty crazy.
BREAKING: CNN reporting that Ohio is 75% vowels.
— Bryan Allain (@bryanallain) November 6, 2012
The article in TIME: The 15 Most Memorable Tweets of Election Night
DID YOU WRITE AN ARTICLE FOR THE HUFFINGTON POST?
Nope, but Jon Acuff mentioned me in a HuffPo piece as one of the funniest Christian writers alive…so there’s that.
(My Election Night tweet was also mentioned in the Huffington Post.)
DID YOU WRITE AN ARTICLE FOR THE DAILY BEAST?
I did. It was an interesting experience, but not really my cup of tea: God vs. The Saints (the title wasn’t mine, btw)
IS THAT IT?
Yes. That is it.
Still have questions? Email me: bryan(at)bryanallain.com