First off, thanks for caring enough to read this. (Unless you’re here by accident, in which case I’m sorry that you got so dreadfully lost on the internet that you wound up here.)
I’ve been blogging here since 2002 and over the past few years I’ve focused more and more on writing humor and inspiration. My community of readers is amazing; they’re the main reason I do this and I’d love for you to be a part.
The best way to do that is to subscribe to my RSS Feed (Feed Reader or Email).
WHAT DO I WRITE HERE?
I mostly write humor pieces and posts that create stronger community.
Here are some of the favorites as voted by my readers:
- Noah’s Ark starring the cast of The Office
- 21 Starbucks Flavors that Failed
- Watching The Bachelor with Moses
- The Thing About Getting Dumped
- Should Your Passion Be Your Career
- The Best of My Ramblings.
WHERE ELSE DO I WRITE?
I’ve been published in print in RELEVANT Magazine and (the late) COLLIDE Magazine.
Parts of those articles are online here:
- The Guaranteed Guarantees of 2011 – RELEVANT Magazine
- Be Careful Little Blog What You Flame – COLLIDE Magazine
I’ve also been featured on Jon Acuff’s Stuff Christians Like blog a few times.
- SCL #451 – 7 Sports Myths Christians Like – (December 2008)
- SCL #499 – Having a Favorite Book of the Bible – (February 2009)
- SCL #514 – Christian End Zone Touchdown Celebrations – (April 2009)
- SCL #541 – Making an Idol Out of Sports – (May 2009)
- SCL #639 – Playing Fantasy Football For Money – (October 2009)
- SCL #756 – 10 Ways to know you’re at a Christian Concert (April 2010)
- SCL #872 – Leaving a Church, 2.0 (October 2010)
- SCL #984 – Kissing Metaphors in Worship Music (March 2011)
DID YOU WRITE AN ARTICLE FOR TIME MAGAZINE?
Nope. But they said this tweet that I shared during the 2012 Presidential Election was one of the most 15 Memorable tweets out of the 31.7 million that were tweeted! (A distinction I shared with Lady Gaga, Donald Trump, and President Obama himself!)
BREAKING: CNN reporting that Ohio is 75% vowels.
— Bryan Allain (@bryanallain) November 6, 2012
TIME MAGAZINE: The 15 Most Memorable Tweets of Election Night
DID YOU WRITE AN ARTICLE FOR THE HUFFINGTON POST?
Nope, but my buddy Jon Acuff mentioned me in a HuffPo piece as one of the funniest Christian writers alive…so there’s that.
(My Election Night tweet was also mentioned in the Huffington Post.)
DID YOU WRITE AN ARTICLE FOR THE DAILY BEAST?
Actually, I did.
God vs. The Saints (the title wasn’t mine, btw)
WHAT ABOUT THE BLOG COACHING?
I help bloggers, artists, and small businesses extend their reach, find their fans, and build their tribes at KillerTribes.com.
(if you join the mailing list there you can get a free eBook on overcoming your blogging frustrations).
DO YOU SPEAK?
Yes. I’ve been talking since I was a toddler.
I MEAN, DO YOU SPEAK AT CONFERENCES AND CHURCHES, YOU DORK.
I’ve also spoken all over the country (from North Carolina to New Jersey to Nebraska) to church high school groups. I don’t do that much anymore, but I enjoy it, so feel free to inquire about it if you’re interested.
For more info on booking me for an event, check out my speaking page.
HOW DO I MAKE SURE I DON’T MISS ANYTHING HERE?
Subscribe to my RSS Feed (Feed Reader or Email).