Like some of you, I found out this morning that my friend Jon Acuff is no longer with the Dave Ramsey organization.
I’m sure the truth of the situation is much less interesting than the rumors folks are going to make up over the coming weeks, so why not add some good stuff to the rumor mill?
Feel free to spread these far and wide.
15 Rumors About Jon Acuff’s Next Gig
1. He’s becoming a falconer – I guess he just couldn’t waste any more time.
Every day that I'm not involved in falconry feels like a wasted opportunity.
— Jon Acuff (@JonAcuff) September 6, 2013
2. He’s joining the Newsies on Broadway – he won’t have a speaking role, but if you squint hard enough you’ll see that chap in the back row popping and locking like a champ.
3. He’s Living Out one of his Dreams – probably this one:
I could listen to British people say the word "Aluminum" all day long.
— Jon Acuff (@JonAcuff) August 15, 2013
4. He’s taking a job at General Mills as their Bugles’ Spokesperson – They were so impressed with the response to this tweet, they made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. (an offer involving a lifetime supply of Lucky Charms.)
If you eat bugles without putting them on your fingers and wearing them around like chip fingernails, you are dead inside.
— Jon Acuff (@JonAcuff) September 1, 2013
5. He’s the new starting QB for the Jacksonville Jaguars – Word is, he beat out Tim Tebow, Mark Brunell, and Y.A. Tittle in a closed tryout last week.
6. He’s becoming a lifeguard at his local pool – Because the kids in his neighborhood deserve better:
The laziness of the lifeguards at our neighborhood pool create so many teachable moments for me and my kids on how not to do your job.
— Jon Acuff (@JonAcuff) September 2, 2013
7. He was hired as an Account Specialist for MasterCard – Incited by this tweet, they offered him ten times what Ramsey was paying him, a company BMW, and no interest on his credit cards for life. I guess everyone has a price.
Just got an automated scam phone call that said there was a problem with my MasterCard. I know the problem. I don't have one suckers!
— Jon Acuff (@JonAcuff) August 31, 2013
8. He’s becoming a coal miner – because he just seems like that type of guy.
9. He’s the new spokesman for Gordo’s Queso – Sure, he’s going to balloon to 465 pounds, but it’s not work when you’re speaking truth about something you love.
The best part of queso is the every part.
— Jon Acuff (@JonAcuff) May 8, 2013
10. He is a full-time torso model for H&M – no V-neck will hit the rack without first being tweaked and altered upon his chest. They’ll even use his “5 Stages of V-Necks” material in their sales copy and display signage.
11. He’s a full time Bear Prophet – we should have known once he put it on his resume last month.
7 bear attacks over the weekend. Gonna go ahead and add "bear prophet" to my resume.
— Jon Acuff (@JonAcuff) August 19, 2013
12. He’s the new opening act for comedian John Crist – So much of his act was standup already…the only adjustment will be going from crowds of 1500 to crowds of 15. (I kid because I care, John Crist.)
13. He’s writing a book with a visual artist, that mixes the words with the images like Girl Talk mixes songs – just a hunch.
I want to do a book with a visual artist, that mixes the words with the images like Girl Talk mixes songs.
— Jon Acuff (@JonAcuff) August 23, 2013
14. He’s going to write steamy Amish fiction under the pen name, Jona Cuff – Perhaps this tweet was his way of warning us.
At least a few times a week someone on Twitter still asks me if my name is "Jona Cuff." And I say, "Yes, yes it is."
— Jon Acuff (@JonAcuff) August 30, 2013
15. He’s going back to Auto-Trader – He misses writing copy for used Acuras so much, he’s going to go back to the cubicle and eventually write another NYT bestseller called, Un-Quitter: Re-opening the gap between your day job and dream job.
So go ahead, spread one of these fantastic rumors today! (and add one of your own in the comments.)
Or better yet, wait for him to officially address it on his time.
(Wishing you all the best, Jon!)
UPDATE: Here’s Jon’s official statement on leaving his company, in case you’re interested.