I said I wouldn’t blog this week, but I can’t resist.
Besides, this seems like a great time to take a quick look back at the year that was here at BryanAllain.com.
- I rambled about soup, chinese stars, and needles in haystacks.
- I created fake book covers and synopses for Books I Didn’t Write.
- I spoke to our youth group and got pulled over on the way home, leading to you guys sharing some great stories about getting pulled over.
- No post has caused more people to go out of their way to laugh at me than the video of me trying to drink vinegar. I came across as a drama queen, but that stuff was nasty.
- I got a little personal and shared some lies I tend to believe about myself.
- I traveled to Dallas with my good friend / pastor Sam Masteller to speak to 800 students at CFNI.
- I spoke on a Wednesday night at our church, and made fun of myself with some of the screen caps I pulled from the video.
- I wrote about 20 random things being affected by the economic meltdown.
- I posted a few “Living With the Amish” posts. You can see them all here.
- I guest posted at Stuff Christians Like – Christian End Zone Celebrations. You can see all 5 of my SCL guest posts here.
- I rambled about southpaws, spoons, and my ideal tattoo.
- In a post that STILL draws a lot of traffic to the site, we had fun with some slogans for Pensacola Christian College. (I had to shut down comments on this one because they would not stop.)
- I wondered what the unlikeliest place a hero could arise from would be.
- I guest posted on Tyler Stanton’s blog about the dude who brushes his teeth at work.
- I shared my thoughts on the LOST Season 5 Finale.
- I shared some strange life lessons I’ve learned from the elderly.
- I guest-posted at Katdish’s blog about why my man card should be revoked and got beat up in the comments.
- I wrote a story, asked you guys for random lines to fill in the blanks, and debuted Video Mad Libs.
It was a great start to the year. If you’re new to the blog, browse around and check out some of the highlights…and check back tomorrow for Part II.
ps…My blog’s got a new design, so click through your reader to check it out.