It’s been almost a year since we had our last Confession Booth here at the blog.
(you might remember it as the time where we all learned that I used to stuff chicken fajita meat in my pockets at McDonald’s when I worked there.)
Anyway, time for a new installment…
- During my senior year of high school I would often stop at the Burger King Drive-Thru on my way home and order something. Then I’d pull out of the drive-thru line and drive away, laughing about how the guy behind me would get my order instead of his own and how confused everyone would be. I thought this was hilarious.
- I used to have a rat tail in high school (early 90s). I would often braid it, and sometimes even put beads on it. (picture at the end of the post)
- I really did think wrestling was real. And even though we weren’t allowed to watch it, Josh and I would sneak it anyway. We’d lock our bedroom door, blare the radio really loud, put the TV on mute, and one of us would stand at the TV ready to change the channel at a moment’s notice (no remote).
- I have no idea why, but I always enjoy Don Henley’s “Boys of Summer” when I hear it.
- I’d much rather listen to you talk about something you love that I have no interest in than hear you talk about something I love that you have no interest in.
- I consider channel surfing/DVRing an art, and feel like those of us who do it well should be able to refer to ourselves as artists and the remote as our instrument.
- At my first job out of college I would occasionally get bored and look for stupid things to do around the office. One of my favorite pranks was to write things on a blank piece of paper and insert it into the middle of the stack of printer paper. That way a week or two later someone would print out a report and would have scribbles all over one of the sheets. I once wrote on one of the pages, “Kim M. loves John D. Forever” (Kim was the office assistant and John owned the company). Probably not the smartest thing I’ve ever done.
- When I was a kid I thought a mother gave birth to a baby through an opening in her lower thigh.
- My car heater/AC has 4 settings, and I NEVER put it above 2. If I need heat or AC I put it on setting 1. If I really really need it, I’ll put it on setting 2. To me setting 3 and setting 4 are for impatient people who can’t wait a few seconds. I really feel that by not using these settings I am proving myself to be a better person.
- A couple of years ago my buddy asked me to buy him a “Stella” at the bar. I thought Stella was a cute nickname for Amstel Light, so that’s what I brought back to him, much to his chagrin. I will never hear the end of it.
- I’ve never popped a cork on a bottle of wine/champagne/whatever. I have no idea how to do it and it scares me a little.
- If you know how to close doors quietly, I have a lot more respect for you.
- I once threw popcorn and pieces of paper into a cake mix that my friend’s Grandmother was making. He did it too. She had no idea.
- You can do a lousy job waiting on me at a restaurant and I’m still going to tip you the same as if you are remarkable. I’m a straight 20% guy because there’s some things in life I’d rather not devote any brain power to.
- I use tongs to pull things out of our toaster because I’m afraid of burning my fingers.
Well, that’s all I’ve got for now.
This is a safe place for all of us…so go ahead and confess.
UPDATE: You asked for it, my mom provided it. Here’s a pic of my braided/beaded rat tail, circa 1990.