Here’s a shot of my desk at work from last week.
Why? I have no idea.
I guess we can chalk this up to the “How I Roll” series of posts that provide detail regarding things you don’t care about.
What’s in the picture?
- My Post-it board. Every task goes on a post-it and is filed under a project or is slotted for a specific day of the week. Tasks that need to be done today are the post-its on my desk in front of my keyboard. old-fashioned? yes. but it works for me.
- My glasses. If I don’t wear them, by the end of the day my eyes feel exhausted.
- Pictures from my kids. They’re hidden to people unless they step into my cube.
- LA Times Crossword Page-a-Day. Some days I’ll fill in a few clues, some days I won’t touch it.
- Tissue Box. Not sure who that chick is, but I turned her into a pirate with a parrot on her shoulder.
- Advil. Got a full bottle back there ready to go at the first inkling of a migraine.
- U.S. Map. I love maps.
- Me and Erica. One of my favorite pictures of us, from a beach off the Pacific Coast Highway.
- Fluorescent Lights. Drive me crazy. See #6.
As you can see, things can get a bit cluttered on my desk from time to time.
What about you? Messy desk or neat freak?