Is Twitter ridiculously narcissistic and seemingly pointless? Maybe.
Personally, I like it. It’s a great way to stay connected to a lot of people at once. It also gives you an opportunity to peek into the lives of people our culture deems as celebrities. Take a look at these 9 tweets from the past 2 weeks:
1. Ashton Kutcher sharing marriage advice (and good advice at that!)
2. Shaquille O’Neal shows why he’ll weigh 500 pounds once he retires from the NBA.
3. P. Diddy trying to inspire some folks. I love it.
4. Demi Moore talking about the book, The Shack, and how her husband – the aforementioned Ashton Kutcher – read it and enjoyed it.
5. Ryan Seacrest bemoaning the fact that he spilled coffee on his blackberry. He even posts a picture of it, that you can see here.
6. Milwaukee Bucks player Charlie Villanueva tweets an update from halftime of the NBA game he is playing in. When his team found out he was twittering from the locker room, they were none too amused, even though Charlie scored a team-high 19 points in helping the Bucks to beat the favored Celtics.
7. Derek Webb grinding through the final steps of finishing his next record, Stockholm Syndrome. And you thought those choruses just magically came to him?
8. Tina Fey talking about farting in bed.
9. New Late Night host Jimmy Fallon uses twitter to tease what’s coming up on his show later that day.
Pretty cool huh? I think so.
Not because I put these folks on a pedestal, but because this window into their lives show that they do the same things we do. They struggle through their work like we do, they read the same books as we do, and they fart in bed and trap the gas under the covers like we do. Did I already know that? Of course I did. It’s just fun to see it in real time.
If you want to follow me, or any of those folks on Twitter, sign up for an account and follow these links to their pages.