Before each episode pick a charity to donate to and keep score throughout the length of the show. You have to donate $1 for each time one of these events occur:
- Simon Cowell rolls his eyes
- A judge uses the phrase “song choice”
- A contestant uses their fingers to tell you which number to dial following their performance
- Ryan Seacrest and Simon Cowell flirt with each other
- The crowd applauds after one of Paula’s inebriated complimentary rants
- Randy says “you know dawg”, “it was just alright”, or “that was hot”
- Paula says “you are a shining light”or “i love you and want you to buy me a drink”
- Simon says “awful”, “i enjoy ogling female contestants”, or “karaoke”
If you’re fast enough to keep track without losing count, you’ll probably raise over $100 for your charity of choice.
And if you’re one of those folks who thinks David Archuleta is a lock to win this year, just remember that people were saying the same thing about Melinda Doolittle and Lakesha Jones last season.
I mean, not that i watch or anything. That’s just what i heard at, umm, the water cooler at work.