Planning on betting your house on the Super Bowl this weekend? Let me just go ahead and tell you that’s not such a great idea.
Gambling in moderation can be fun, but here’s a better idea: Test your skills against me and my readers.
Here’s 10 actual bets you can make on the Super Bowl right now (some slightly modified for our purposes). Make your picks in the comments, and don’t forget to include the tiebreaker question of total yards.
The winner will receive the opportunity to guest post on my blog on a Saturday in March or April. (and if you don’t have a blog, you can gift the guest post to someone else).
Here we go…
10 Super Bowl Wagers
1. The Packers are favored to beat the Steelers by 2.5 points.
A – You pick the Packers to win by 3 or more
B – You pick the Steelers to win or to lose by 2 or less.
2. The over/under for total points in the game is 44.5.
A – Total points in the game will be 44 or under.
B – Total points in the game will be 45 or over.
3. Who will receive the opening kickoff?
A – Steelers
B – Packers
4. How long will the longest touchdown of the game be?
A – Longest TD will be 44 yards or less.
B – Longest TD will be 45 yards or more.
5. How long will the longest made field goal of the game be?
A – Longest made FG will be 43 yards or less.
B – Longest made FG will be 44 yards or more.
6. Will Rashard Mendenhall rush for 25 or more yards than James Starks?
A – Rashard Mendenhall will rush for 25 or more yards than James Starks
B – Rashard Mendenhall will not rush for 25 or more yards than James Starks
7. Who will have more receiving yards, Hines Ward or Jordy Nelson?
A – Hines Ward will have more receiving yards.
B – Jordy Nelson will have more receiving yards.
8. Which quarters will see more total points scored?
A – The 1st quarter + the 4th quarter
B – The 2nd quarter + the 3rd quarter
9. Who will be the Super Bowl MVP?
A – Either Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers will be the MVP.
B – Someone other than Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers will be the MVP.
10. How long will Christina Aguilera hold the note “BRAVE” at the end of the national anthem?
A – Over 6 seconds
B – Under 6 seconds
TieBreaker: How many total yards of offense will the teams combine for?
Leave your answers in the comments. Contest closes at 6pm EST on Sunday.
Winner will receive a guest post on my blog on a saturday in March/April (to use or give away).
Go ahead, get your Nostradamus on.