Happy President’s Day! Are you working or do you have off?
I’m not working today, and thought it was about time for a little bit of a brain dump of what’s going on in my world…
Here’s 10 things…
2. For the past 3 years Erica and I have celebrated Valentine’s Day a little 2-night retreat in Rehoboth Beach, DE over President’s Day weekend. This year we’ve pushed it back a few weeks, but can’t wait to get away with her. Doing things like that is a MUST for married couples. No matter how hard it is to get away, you have to make it happen.
3. Excited to be sharing at my friend Shawn’s Writing Workshop tomorrow night on the art and science of blogging. I’ll be talking about how to make your blog uniquely yours, how to find readers, and how to keep readers.
4. Had a great time speaking at Freedom Life yesterday on Matthew 5:4, “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” God’s path to comfort and hope isn’t the one we want to take, but it’s the right one.
5. Bringing in the uber-talented Andy Osenga to play a small show in Gap, PA on March 21st. We’ve only got room for about 100 people, so if you’d like to come out shoot me an email (bryanallain-gmail) for more info or check out the Facebook event.
6. 36″ of snow in the past week & there’s a few more inches in the forecast tonight. No Mas!
7. Currently reading: “Hear No Evil” by Matthew Paul Turner, “The Year of Living Biblically” by A.J. Jacobs, and “The Book of Basketball” by Bill Simmons.
8. Glynn Young posted an article at The Christian Manifesto on Friday that said some nice things about me and a few of my blogging friends. You can read the article here. Thanks Glynn!
9. If you’ve been on the fence about getting a copy of my 2009 Blog Yearbook, LuLu has a great deal going today. Type in coupon code “WASHINGTON” at checkout and get 15% off. Click here to order.
10. After polling people on Twitter (follow me @bryanallain), I’ve decided to ditch H&R Block this year and use TurboTax online. Let’s hope it works out well.
LOST Episode 3 recap coming tomorrow and more Jack Bauer goodness coming Wednesday…stay tuned!